Marrakesh is one of the most ancient yet contemporary cities in the world that you will ever visit. It represents the first tourist destination in Morocco. What makes Marrakech an evolution city is its protagonist aspect. It hosts many national and international events. These include art gallery festivals, exhibition conferences, and so much more. It truly bridges and connects the past and present generations, making a full-package city.
What you Don’t know about Marrakesh
Marrakesh deserves to be lived in full. It is where you will lose the perspective of time and space. Its true essence is made of warmth and tradition. It truly bridges and connects the past and present generations, making it a full-package city. Many tourists worldwide choose to have it as a city of choice and their permanent home.
This historical city proves that it is a beautiful place, and your visiting experience will be unforgettable as each stay holds discoveries.
It hosts many inspiring artists, and many celebrities throughout the world come to visit this ancient city. Many stars from around the globe have decided to make Marrakesh their home. This is because of its climate condition, the environment or its food. We know without a doubt that they have fallen for the attractiveness of the red city.
Marrakesh: various reasons you should visit this ancient city
- It was established during the 11th century and is an old imperial city in western Morocco. It has the Koutoubia mosque, the tallest minaret in the city.
- This magical imperial city was founded in 1070 by the Almoravid dynasty during the 11th century. It is the oldest imperial city in the west of the country.
- The city’s centre and heart are surrounded by its historical ramparts, which contain the Medina. Inside the latter, many labyrinths of narrow alleys will thrill you as fascinating architecture and frameworks.
- Marrakech is one of the big cities of the Kingdom of Morocco and one of the ancient. It is a mythical vast, and well-built city. It adds an essential feature to the Marrakech people’s history, culture, and tradition. Thus, it represents a culture significant in Morocco.
- It holds a bazaar that is abundant in all kinds of traditional goods. It presents a skilful balance between the past’s treasures and the present’s progress.
- It holds some most charming gardens and many bougainvilleas, and palm trees. Their freshness emanates the floral scents of jasmine and orange blossom.
- Its buildings have a unique contrast of colours. It is mainly made up of pink adobe walls. This gives the city a distinct beauty of its own. The tallest minaret in the town makes the Koutoubia Mosque the symbol of Marrakesh.
- It holds many luxurious palaces and many grandiose decors. Its buildings have a unique contrast of colours. It is mainly made up of pink adobe walls, which gives the city a distinct beauty.
- It is close to snow-capped mountains. Thus the backdrop of the High Atlas snow-capped peaks and the city’s pink adobe colour manifests its fascinating beauty. This produces the true nature of Marrakech.
When you are inside the ramparts, following the striped shades of the sun is an experience you don’t want to miss. You will mingle with locals and do daily activities. Your five senses will be exposed hustle-and-bustle of the Medina.
You will experience the following:
- Scents of cedarwood.
- The smell of fresh food/spices.
- Bright colours and bursts of voices.
The sounds, colours and smells you will experience create a fantastic combination. It is an invaluable experience. Also, inside the Medina, the local souk is where you will experience all kinds of local goods.
Some of these local products include:
- Traditional textiles.
- Leather shoes, and so much more.
Marrakesh is one of the most well-known imperial cities in Morocco. It is full of riads, which are Moroccan square-shaped houses. Thus, to fully enjoy your time, connect with the locals, and get in touch with their culture, Riad is the place to stay. Your experience will be extraordinary and unforgettable. These riads create a unique atmosphere as they have some intriguing designs.
- Plants embellish the courtyard and the square.
- A fantastic open central patio with a swimming pool.
Marrakesh: Jamaa Elfna
Jamaa Elfna Elfna square is one place that you won’t want to miss. This square is one of the world’s most diverse and welcoming places. It is where you will observe all kinds of activities, from musicians and storytellers to snake charmers and so much more.
Taking a horse-drawn carriage is an experience that you cannot pass. A four-wheeled buggy ride is the most recommended one. This is because its routes range from Jemaa el-Fnaa to the city’s Palm Grove. You will surely enjoy cruising around this historic city.
Some of the fantastic places that may interest you to Visit while in Marrakesh:
- Badi Palace, Bahia Palace.
- Kasbah Mosque, Theatre Royal.
- Koutoubia Mosque, Saadian Tombs.
- Archaeological site The Saadian Tombs.
- La Mamounia Palace, Hotel Royal Mansour.
- Marrakesh Railway Station, Menara Airport.
- Ben Youssef Madrasa, Marrakesh Museum.